Thursday 21 June 2012

do something amazing; give blood.

Okay, so last week (starting 11th June) was National Blood Week. And on the 14th of June was World Blood Donor Day, the birthday of Nobel Prize winner Karl Landsteiner who discovered the blood grouping ABO system.
The purpose of this post is kind of to raise awareness of how crucial and life-saving donating blood can be.
My dad used to work in the Blood Transfusion department in a hospital back in Kosova many years ago. I don't know how many times exactly, but I know he has donated a lot. He has inspired me and is one of the main reasons why I decided to give blood too.
I have donated twice since I turned 17 last year. I went to donate third time round and wasn't allowed due to new guidelines put in place.
THIS:
I'm 5'1, and weigh 48kg, so I'm nowhere near able to donate, at least until I'm 20. Allow it.
Donating blood gives you the most incredible feeling, knowing that your blood could potentially save another person's life. Your blood could also be used for research and development work to benefit people.
And blood cells are quickly replaced, so all in all it's a safe procedure.

It's SUPER EASY giving blood. So I think everyone should stop being lazy and book themselves an appointment for a donation. You get one of theeeeessssseeeee:

And then you get a keyring, and a bronze card, and a silver card, and a gold card, and loads of other crap which I won't be getting for a while :(
Seriously, giving blood is one of the easiest way to feel good about yourself.
ONE of. 'Cause I know some smartass is gonna read this and come up with another easy way.. ¬_¬



No comments:

Post a Comment